Thursday, June 23, 2005

HSC Guest House PC

One priority for mission participants is having the ability to stay in touch with friends and family back home. Our cell phones are not compatible, and satellite phones have met with limited success. The last time I was in the HSC guest house, there was just one PC, very old, and perhaps on its last leg. So, last year I initiated dialogue with my company to see if they would be willing to donate a PC for our Haiti mission. This is a big company, so it took a long time just to find the right people to talk to, and then to navigate the red tape. Well, I finally have good news: Yesterday, I received the donated computer to take to Haiti!
Transportation space is limited, so I specifically asked for a certain hp computer that is an extremely compact design. It is not the very latest, but it is a Pentium 4, USB ports, CD-RW, etc... suffice to say it will be a major upgrade from what is down there now. It is my hope this will greatly improve internet and email access for the teams visiting the HSC guest house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home